PAMI – Your Partner In Safety
Since PAMI’s inception, machinery safety has been an important part of our services. In PAMI’s early years, the Evaluation Program, which tested about 750 machines, included a section in each report that provided information related to the safety of the machine.
Our Development Program, which assists manufacturers with design and development of machines, also includes services related to safety. About 2004, PAMI’s safety services were expanded after conducting a project for the Canadian Agricultural Safety Association (CASA). That project determined a gap existed in engineering safety support for older
Since then, PAMI has partnered with CASA and provincial farm-safety associations like British Columbia’s Farm and Ranch Safety and Health Association (FARSHA) to conduct several projects to improve the safety of older farm machinery.
Following are publications resulting from those projects that are available for download:
- On Guard! (English)
- En Guarde! (Française)
- PTO Guarding Guidebook (Power Take Off)
- R.O.P.S. (Roll Over protective Structure)
- Auger Guard
- Safe Agricultural Machinery Devices (English)
- Equipements Agricoles Securitaires (Française)
- 50 ROPS in BC
- Lighting and Marking for Agricultural Equipment
- Safe Implement Hitching Guide (English)
- L’attelage Securitaire Des Remorques (Française)