Having the ability to test vehicles and equipment in real-world situations and subject them to a variety of field conditions is an important element in the testing regime.
PAMI operates the Off Road Vehicle RAMD Test course near Humboldt that is an ideal centre for testing all terrain vehicles, engines and components.
The 320 acre (130ha) site features:
- Elevation: 1860ft (567m)
- A variety of rugged, hilly and flat off-road terrain.
- Six miles (10 km) of cleared trails traverse the site, accommodating off road vehicles as large as armoured personnel carriers.
- One mile of private paved road is also available.
- A 20′ X 30′ X 14′ controlled-environment chamber providing temperatures of -40°C to +40° C is available at home base.
- Service garage and office space.
|Days with Precipitation||7||10||10||8||8|
Location Offers Ideal Cold-weather Testing Conditions
PAMI’s mid-continental locations in Canada, with winter temperatures dipping into the -30s and -40s provide an ideal locations for real time cold-weather testing of vehicles, engines, and components. The garage facilities and office space provide operational facilities during testing operations. Specialty hazards can be created to suit client needs and a network of urban, highway, and country roads are in close proximity.
Testing equipment performance under other climatic conditions such as high temperatures, humidity, wind, rain, ice or snow can also be accommodated if needed.
Cold Weather Climate
|Days with Precipitation||7||8||9||7||7|