PAMI has three tilt tables, one at its Portage station and two at its Humboldt Station.
The Portage Station tilt table consists of a 5.9 m (19 ft) x 6 m (20 ft) platform with a capacity of 24.5 tonnes (54,000 lb) to 45º.
At its Humboldt Station, two tables are available:
- 3 m (10 ft) x 7.3 m (24 ft) with a capacity of 12 tonnes (26,500 lb)
- 6.1 m (20 ft) x 6.1 m (20 ft) with a capacity of 36.3 tonne (80,000 lb)
Common Evaluations Conducted Using this Equipment Include:
- Basic static roll stability of heavy commercial vehicles
- Grade holding capability for park brake performance
- Hydraulic system performance tests for agricultural tractors and industrial machinery under on-slope operating conditions.
- Determination of x, y, z location of vehicle centre of gravity.
- Testing to ANSI B56.6 Safety Standard for Rough Terrain Forklift Trucks.