Position: Business Development and Sales Representative (BDSR)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Business Development Supervisor.
- Represent PAMI with a high degree of Professionalism as expected by our customer base.
- Required to mine and pursue leads in the market sectors of Agriculture, Mining, Research, and General Industry (Transportation and Construction).
- Exhibits capability in both the “caretaker of the brand” and “hunter” mode in sales and lead generation.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of PAMI’s technical knowledge and capabilities. Focuses on leveraging this information for cross selling for all PAMI divisions in order to drive maximum value for PAMI and the customer.
- Build long-term relationships and partnerships based on mutual benefits.
- Works towards achieving the goals of a sales plan.
- Responsible for a contact visit and call plan with prospective customers in alignment with sales objectives. Reports weekly to BD Supervisor on progress of contact visit and call plan through a formalized call report.
- Maintains the database of key and target customers within PAMI’s CRM system.
- Represent PAMI at various trade and marketplace groups. Ensure PAMI has a place in strategic networks through boards, committees, and other marketplace groups.
- Leads and contributes to strategic discussions and development of the sales plan.
- Leads and contributes to development of the board and trade group memberships plan, tradeshow and conference plan, plus any plan for networking and special interest group participation.
- Contribute to the marketing and social media plan.
- Regular travel throughout Western Canada. Occasional travel, as required, to the US and other parts of Canada. (As a guide, budget a minimum of 50% of your work time, off site, at either a customer visit, customer support and/or a customer follow up in a face-to-face position.) Travel time will be dictated by the customer’s expectations and requests.
- Required to attend trade shows, conferences, board meetings, special interest committees, and various marketplace networking events.
- Contact time with the customer will be dictated by a combination of the requirement of the customer’s expectations and the goal of achieving the sales plan.
- Works closely with Business Development Supervisor to assess accounts, review sales objectives and plans through the year.
- Takes ownership of the early portion of the sales cycle by ensuring the information packet submitted to Project Proposal team is complete and thorough. Candidate must be willing to pursue customer relations to support a “clean” package to the team.
- Must be able to anticipate customer questions about the project and leverage the client interview format to develop a complete and concise information package.
- Be able and prepared to support and take the lead in proposal writing as required.
- Be able and prepared to support, when requested, the sales cycle, with a team-oriented approach, from start to finish, in order to meet customer expectations.
- Be prepared to support and complete other technical duties as required.
- Conduct Post Project Client Surveys.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in technical sales or a related role.
- Present a clean driving abstract with a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Team oriented mindset.
- Strong time management skills. Exhibit a high degree of self-discipline.
- Experience with the Ag, Mining, Industrial (Transportation/Construction), and Research sectors is ideal, but not required.
- Strong experience and robust capability in MS Office.
- Strong capability with Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in technical proposal writing an asset.
- A college diploma or university degree an asset. Preferably technical focus.
Salary and Benefits:
PAMI offers competitive salary and incentive bonuses, plus a wide range of benefits including
- medical, dental, disability, and life insurance,
- pension plan,
- professional development, and
- relocation assistance (considered for outstanding candidates).
September 9, 2016, at 5:00 p.m.
Please send resume of qualifications and experience, including references to:
Laurie Szautner, Executive Assistant
Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute (PAMI)
Box 1150, Humboldt, SK S0K 2A0
Fax: (306) 682-5080