The Vice President, Saskatchewan Operations for PAMI (Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute) is a key role to this unique organization. Tasked with managing the Saskatchewan operations, this role is more than just day to day leadership – it is a role that will provide strong project management guidance, technical expertise and business development to the organization and the industries it serves.
As the face of the Saskatchewan operations, the VP will lead a strong technical and project oriented team in a strategic, consultative and entrepreneurial environment. Being responsible for the operation budget and financial performance, the VP will also seek out new opportunities to continue PAMI’s business growth.
We are seeking an executive leader who thrives in a project rich environment and, who enjoys applying creative and critical thinking to generate outside-the-box solutions for a wide variety of industries.
PAMI is a research and development organization focused on agricultural and industrial technology. Mostly known for their research focus, PAMI is also made up of a strong team of technical professionals who provide development services in applied engineering to many industries; defence and security, mining, manufacturing, transportation, bioenergy and of course, agriculture. These professionals cover a wide area of technical expertise in engineering, design & testing, agrology, fabrication and instrumentation.
With a mission to enhance sustainability and profitability in agriculture and other sectors, PAMI is an exciting and creative place to work. The ability to provide unique and innovative engineering solutions to different industries creates new challenges everyday – challenges that grow the collective knowledge, insight and experience of the PAMI team and that fosters a collaborative culture.
AS THE VP, OPERATIONS YOU WILL:
- Manage the Saskatchewan operations and provide direction, leadership, guidance and development opportunities to the team.
- Provide strong project management leadership to various projects and project management teams.
- Assess the gaps and needs in the industry and provide solutions to address them.
- Meet with a variety of stakeholders and industry thought leaders and attend industry functions, conferences and trade shows.
- Identify new business opportunities to continue PAMI growth.
- Be responsible for the financials; revenue, expenses and KPI’s of the Saskatchewan operations.
AS AN EXECUTIVE LEADER YOU:
- Have completed post-secondary education in agriculture, engineering or of a technical discipline.
- Have experience in business development and growing an organization’s profile and revenue.
- Have hands on experience in project management methodologies, applied engineering and process development.
- Are experienced in the agricultural industry in one form or another – ideally from a technical perspective.
- You have years of profit and loss experience and have keen business and strategy execution skills.
- Are a strong mentor and leader who promotes a highly accountable team that works towards productive goals and achievements.
- You believe strongly in collaboration and can effectively work with stakeholders, employees and colleagues to bring major projects and initiatives to a successful conclusion.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, please feel free to contact Karin Pooley, Vice-President, Recruitment and Executive Search at 204.940.3939.