Position: Project Leader Engineer
Portage la Prairie, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead projects of basic complexity and budget.
- Design and construct prototypes, set-up, calibrate and operate test equipment.
- Design machinery and components, with some problem-solving and decision making authority with accountability and with innovation encouraged in decisions.
- Perform basic computer aided design and analysis.
- Assemble, prepare, install, calibrate, maintain, evaluate and operate machines being tested.
- Collect, analyze, document and store test data.
- Prepare, allocate, comply and monitor project budgets.
- Regular interaction with clients.
- Assist with internal projects.
- Assist with preparing cost estimates for projects.
- Assist with proposal and report writing.
- Basic supervisory capacity by providing work and guidance to others and, where applicable, with up to 5 direct reports.
- 3 to 4 years experience.
- University undergraduate degree in applicable area.
- Strong communication skills with both the client and with coworkers.
- General use of equipment – instrumentation, electronics, computer hardware and software, mechanical concepts, pneumatic and hydraulic concepts.
- Specialized training – testing procedures, computer drafting, modeling, simulation and analysis.
- General knowledge – project management, machinery and equipment operation, quality systems standards, compliance guidelines, manufacturing processes, engineering standards, machine and structural design, technical report writing skills.
Salary and Benefits:
PAMI offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and a 36hr work week in support of work-life balance.
Monday, November 3, 2014, at 12:00 p.m.
Please send resume of qualifications and experience, including references to:
Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute