Reports Directly to: Strategic Advisor/ Director, Technical Services
Direct Reports: Currently Trades II (2), Janitorial (2)
Location: Humboldt, SK
This is a key management role within the technical services team. The role currently reports to the Strategic Advisor but will transition to reporting into the Director of Technical Services in the first 6 months of being hired. The Shop Lead II manages the day-to-day project requirements of the shop team as well and is also responsible for PAMI’s facilities, grounds, vehicles, and equipment in the Humboldt location.
In providing leadership to the day-to-day operations of the Shop team, the Lead will coordinate and organize resources in a manner that ensures the success of each project in accordance with PAMI’s ISO quality system.
As the leader of the Shop team, the Shop Lead II will oversee two trades employees but with project requirements may expand to more (up to a maximum of 7 direct reports). A key component of the role is being organized while motivating a strong safety and can-do attitude amongst colleagues. As a key management role, the Shop Lead ensures that the skills, capabilities, and capacity of the shop team are continually evolving being proactive about training and development opportunities.
Key Competencies: (Ideal Candidate Specification)
- An experienced operations leader with demonstrated success supporting projects and colleagues in a safe manner.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects – you will work with Project Leaders to provide resources and materials for a variety of projects. Project management proficiency.
- A demonstrated track record of driving operational excellence, continuous improvement and holding yourself and your team accountable to key performance indicators and annual objectives.
- Strong people management skills and over 5 years’ experience mentoring and developing a team.
- A champion of best people, practices, systems, and processes. Safety- and process-oriented, with the ability to apply and implement this in a shop environment.
- Strong communication (written, oral, presentation) skills with the ability to effectively engage at a variety of management levels and with a range of audiences.
- Developed interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build collaborative relationships with colleagues, contractors and clients.
- Able to manage varying workloads effectively.
- College or university degree in operations, commerce, engineering or other relevant field
- And/or Journeyman Trades certification
- Pension Plan
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Work week is 36 hours as we offer regular earned days off (every other Friday)
Applications Close: December 30, 2020
Please send resume of qualifications and experience, including references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org