Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute (“PAMI”) researches, designs, builds and tests machinery, components and processes. Our scientific research approach, coupled with our hands-on lab, shop and in-field design and testing, promises practical solutions to real-world problems. We are scientists, engineers, agronomists and journeypersons. Many of us have a background in farming and continue to be involved in production today.
PAMI, through WESTEST, provides engineering support to a field test program. This role will utilize agricultural and engineering expertise to collect and evaluate information specific to agricultural machinery performance.
3 months full time, term position with the potential to extend
Based out of Portage la Prairie, Manitoba and or Humboldt, Saskatchewan.
- Provide specialized engineering expertise and support in the field
- Communicate issues through detailed online reporting systems
- Apply knowledge of precision agriculture, prescriptions, telematics, data management, and cloud systems
- Assist in troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions
- Operate computerized service tools and collect data for analysis
- Provide daily reports and present findings in a daily conference call
- Utilize farm equipment knowledge in the provision of engineering services and in the operation of farm equipment for short intervals when required for testing and application purposes
- Direct communication with the tractor operator to look for any small issues that can be corrected prior to product release
- The candidate will attend specific training operational meetings in preparation for the provision of services
- Services will be provided at test field sites throughout the United States, travel is REQUIRED
- Regular rotational shifts, approximately 3 weeks on, 1 week off
- Candidates must have a valid passport
- Degree in Engineering or Agriculture
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary based on experience and an option to participate in our pension plan your first day of work
Please send resume of qualifications and experience, including references to: