Position: Business Development & Sales Representative
Term: Full-time, permanent position
Location: Humboldt, Saskatchewan
Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute (PAMI) is an applied Engineering organization that works in technology and applications development. Our diversified engineering expertise allows us to work on projects that can change the world and has direct application for agriculture, transportation, military, aeronautics, forestry, and mining. Our services include design, development, fabrication, and evaluation of vehicles, machinery, and components. We also offer value-added process reviews, pilot plant design, and optimization.
PAMI is often considered on the front lines of providing marketplace credibility for our industry. Our interdisciplinary team includes engineers, agronomics, technologists, and science and technology professionals who work across our two locations in Humboldt and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and Portage la Prairie and Winnipeg, Manitoba.
PAMI also manages WESTEST’s business functions and provides all personnel under an operating agreement. WESTEST is a state-of-the-art machinery component testing facility that provides access to physical testing and product performance evaluation services.
Your New Role
PAMI is looking for a determined Business Development and Sales Representative to join their team.
Reporting to the VP of Operations SK, this role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to build the PAMI brand among new customers through the deployment of their customer hunting skills. This will entail reaching out to potential clients with the intention of acquiring new business for PAMI and building this initial contact into long-lasting, mutually beneficial business relationships.
More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- The hunting and pursuing of leads in the market sectors of Agriculture, Mining, Transportation, and Construction.
- Building long term relationships and partnerships based on mutual benefits.
- Carrying out contact visits and call plans with prospective customers in alignment with sales objectives. Subsequently reporting on a weekly basis the progress of contact visits and call plans through formalized call reports within CRM.
- Maintaining a database of key and target customers for PAMI using the Sugar CRM system.
- Leading and contributing to strategic discussions and the development of the sales plan, trade group membership plans, tradeshow and conference plans, networking plans, and special interest group participation plans.
- Regularly travelling throughout western Canada along with occasional travel as required to the US and other parts of Canada in order to visit customers, support customers, and follow up with customers in a face to face capacity.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have at least 3 years of experience in technical sales or a related role along with a present clean driving abstract and a valid Class 5 Driver’s License. Experience in the Agriculture, Mining, Transportation, and Construction industries is considered an asset as is a college diploma or university degree with a technical focus.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator both verbally and in written form while also possessing proven sales hunting and closing skills. You will also be highly organized and will have used a CRM in a previous role.
Finally, ambitious individuals who are ready to be the face of the sales side of PAMI will excel in this role.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary plus benefits including:
- Extended health and dental benefits.
- LTD and STD insurance.
- Access to a generous pension plan.
- A 36 hour week (extra day off every 2 weeks).
- 3 weeks vacation to start with additional time off over the Christmas/New Years.
- Professional association dues paid plus on the job training as required.
- Relocation assistance available.
And that’s not all! Upon joining PAMI you will be welcomed into a close-knit and cohesive organization that is akin to family. With a range of social events, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
Applications Close: March 31, 2019.
Online application form can be found at jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/109150