Position: Marketing and Communications Manager
Term: Full-time, permanent position
Location: Humboldt, Saskatchewan
Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute (PAMI) is an applied Engineering organization that works in technology and applications development. Our diversified engineering expertise allows us to work on projects that can change the world and has direct application for agriculture, transportation, military, aeronautics, forestry, and mining. Our services include design, development, fabrication, and evaluation of vehicles, machinery, and components. We also offer value-added process reviews, pilot plant design, and optimization.
PAMI is often considered on the front lines of providing marketplace credibility for our industry. Our interdisciplinary team includes engineers, agronomics, technologists, and science and technology professionals who work across our two locations in Humboldt and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and Portage la Prairie and Winnipeg, Manitoba.
PAMI also manages WESTEST’s business functions and provides all personnel under an operating agreement. WESTEST is a state-of-the-art machinery component testing facility that provides access to physical testing and product performance evaluation services.
Your New Role
PAMI is changing in line with the digital revolution that is marching across all industries. We’re looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to share the story of our transformation with our consumer base. While Humboldt will be considered the primary workplace of the Marketing and Communications Manager there is flexibility to work from our Saskatoon office.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, and working closely with both the Business Development Team and the Corporate Management Team, the Marketing and Communications Manager
is responsible for effectively communicating our research, our project work, and our value propositions to our stakeholders and clients.
More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the PAMI/WESTEST brand strategies and directions are incorporated into both marketing and communications plans. Subsequently managing the integrated communications of both brands with the goals of raising visibility, increasing awareness, and cultivating our story.
- Supporting the VP of Operations in the development of PAMIs culture and modernized values.
- Securing marketing material and opportunities that speak to PAMI/WESTEST’s clients in a meaningful way while always working with our clients to ensure there is no commercial harm.
- Effectively leading an engaged student and intern marketing team in the creation and execution of marketing strategies and collateral.
- Managing all media and marketing vendor relationships to ensure PAMI/WESTEST’s intellectual property and publishing rights are preserved.
- Managing the budgets for all owned projects including the promotional campaigns and events, advertising collateral production, and contracted services.
- Creating standardized work and processes for each marketing initiative, public event, and social media engagement for future repeat use.
- Travelling to support setup and take down of tradeshow booths while also participating in ongoing initiatives within public events.
- Providing marketing communications support for published articles, technical transfer initiatives, and related events.
- Monitoring and updating website content to ensure its ongoing usability, relevance, and accuracy.
- Providing marketing and communications guidance to all staff that demonstrate PAMI/WESTEST’s core values.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have 5 years of experience in Marketing or Communication along with a relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a university or a Diploma from an accredited college. Candidates with a differing mix of education and experience that have demonstratable marketing success, eagerness, drive, and creativity may also be considered.
You will also be required to have excellent project management skills with the proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects. Proficiency with all Microsoft Products is a must as is proficiency with social media hub platforms such as HootSuite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills that allow you to thrive in a relationship orientated culture. You will also be detail orientated while still being comfortable using creative thinking to shift between thinking strategically and seeing the bigger picture.
Finally, candidates with experience in B2B marketing will have an advantage. As will candidates that have experience in organizing and managing events such as tours, tradeshows, and media engagements.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary plus benefits including:
- Extended health and dental benefits.
- LTD and STD insurance.
- Access to a generous pension plan.
- A 36 hour week (extra day off every 2 weeks).
- 3 weeks vacation to start with additional time off over the Christmas/New Years.
- Professional association dues paid plus on the job training as required.
- Relocation assistance available.
And that’s not all! Upon joining PAMI you will be welcomed into a close-knit and cohesive organization that is akin to family. With a range of social events, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
Applications Close: March 31, 2019.
Online application form can be found at jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/109144