Position: Human Resources and Payroll Administrator
Term: Full-time, permanent position
Location: Humboldt, Saskatchewan
Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute (PAMI) is an applied research, development, and testing organization serving agriculture and industry in Western Canada and beyond. We have a new opportunity for an experienced individual who enjoys the challenge of working in various capacities in a fast-paced environment.
The Human Resources and Payroll Administrator will report to the Director, Finance and Administration and will provide service to the entire organization across its Canadian operations. The position is based in Humboldt, Saskatchewan, a vibrant and growing community with a population of approximately 6,000, located 120 km east of Saskatoon.
Core functions for the role include responsibility for processing a bi-weekly payroll and supporting the human resources needs for employees in multiple locations. More specifically, and without being limited to the following, the incumbent will:
- Support time and attendance tracking, reconcile time entries and address discrepancieswhile interacting with management
- Provide full support for the employee life cycle, including recruitment, new-hire orientation and onboarding, and termination
- Administer the organization’s employee pension and benefit plans
- Lead management in delivering the performance evaluation system, and support employee development initiatives
- Develop, maintain and implement job descriptions and HR policies
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience with payroll accounting and computerized payroll systems, and
comprehensive knowledge of payroll and employment standards legislation in multiple provinces
- Experience in leading employment-related activities such as recruitment and
performance management, and supporting managers in these activities
- Working knowledge of employee benefit programs and their administration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional organizational skills, including time management, attention to detail, problem solving and handling multiple priorities
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with varied stakeholders, often in situations requiring confidentiality and discretion
In addition, the successful candidate will possess some post-secondary education in business administration, human resources and payroll administration, and will have a minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience.
PAMI offers great benefits and a great working environment, with the opportunity to grow and succeed.
Applications Close: March 26, 2019, at 5:00 p.m.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.